Sunday, August 19, 2012

These Lovely Lines

These Lovely Lines: An Introduction

Source: Uploaded by user via Emilee on Pinterest

This blog is a way for me to express my world in a tangible form, something I can channel my experiences into. For me, this could be a post about the trees outside my window and the dappled light they cast throughout the apartment mid-afternoon, or a woman I see on the street who inspires a painting, or a style of clothes that evoke fantasies of dark cathedrals and hidden places, to my quest to find beauty and acceptance within myself.

These Lovely Lines is a way for me to make connections between the things I love, to examine the ties that bind others together, to share meaning of each stroke in a sketch, and to interact with the world beyond my tiny comfort zone.

I am a modern young woman, navigating the blurred lines between what is generally accepted for young women to feel, and what makes me happy and fulfilled. I don't know what this blog will turn into, where it will go, or who I am becoming. 

All I can do is hope that somewhere in the future, the person I want to be is looking back fondly at this moment, remembering the anxiety pounding in my chest and the thrill of pouring myself recklessly into the internet. Maybe one day, this will come easily.

But for now, these lines are all I am.








1 comment:

  1. As the man who gets to watch this journey and join her on it, I have to say I'm happy to be a part of your beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete