Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Striving for Imperfection

Striving For (Im)Perfection


For my second post, I'd like to go over exactly what this blog will not be, what I will not allow and will not participate in myself. I'm striving to be an enlightened, fair, and loving person. And part of this blog is to examine my own feelings for traces of the misguided influences of society.

I want this blog to be a haven from the influences of racism, sexism, homophobia, fat-phobia and hateful, hurtful speech against anyone. But this is not to say that I'm perfect, that I will never offend anyone, say something stupid or fuck up. Unfortunately, that is the human condition, but I promise that if I do fuck it up, I will learn from my mistakes, apologize for them, and try not to screw it up again.

Because to be honest, I can be harsh, I can be judgmental, I am VERY quick to temper...All of these things I recognize as flaws within myself and am working to change. One day I hope I can look back and laugh at how young and silly I was at this point, because it will mean I have grown.


No comments:

Post a Comment